Thursday, October 6, 2022

Glad This Day is Behind Us!

Well, we made it through this day of collecting samples and labs and getting them ready to be picked up by FedEx. All was accomplished, but not with the greatest of ease. I finally got my last dialysis duty done around 2:30 and finally got to sit down and have lunch. I believe that the dialysate batch is still making...at least it can do that on its own once I get the SAK loaded and connected and correct buttons pushed. The two packages for FedEx were picked up in a very timely manner. I got supplies that we were low on reported to the nurse. Our nurse was very helpful in guiding me through the confusing end of treatment when I had to change the usual way of doing things and do an additional step or two or three or...in order to do a post treatment blood draw before his blood is rinsed back! More than you probably want to hear about! I am thankful to only have to do that once a month...but when I "only" do something once a month it is hard to change from the normal routine and fit something in the middle of what I usually do and then pick up with the usual once that is done...at least for this 74-year-old brain. I also ordered one of Woody's meds that Fresenius supplies and cancelled an appointment with his dermatologist next week. His dermatologist has moved and he is going to get a new one, so we have decided that we want to go to their Manchester office...that would be one less trip to Murfreesboro...20 minutes down the road instead of an hour or more away. I was hoping that the appointment could be made when I cancelled, but have to call the Manchester office...another day! I did take a nap not long after finally getting lunch. Woody has moved over to his couch for the night. I've gotten the dishwasher going and I have headed gratefully to my recliner and heating pad. I still have a load of wash that I have to get when it is finished drying. I'm going to work a little more on Sunday's Sunday School lesson and then I am going to either stitch or read. Not enough energy left to do anything else! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment