Monday, October 3, 2022

Delivery Day!

About the when it was time to take Woody his dialysis machine this morning, we started hearing sounds in the garage. At first I thought, it might just be construction noises next door, but it seemed closer. So I peeked out the door window into the garage and saw a big stack of boxes. I hurried to our front door and caught the UPS guy before he drove away and asked him to please out them in the front porch. I'm not sure he was pleased with my request, but I didn't stick around as I had to get back in and shut machines down and disconnect tubes, etc. When I looked out the door again, they were as they are in the photo. I am glad that hemodialysis doesn't require quite as many supplies that come in boxes...lots less than peritoneal dualysis. About the hemodialysis delivery, Fresenius has it set up that UPS is supposed to bring them into the house. But that only happened the first time. At least none of these are tremendously heavy. The smaller of the box sizes are the heaviest. But manageable for me. So far I have only put one of the types of boxes where they go, as I needed to get our lunch and then head out to the grocery store. I did go to Kroger and bought groceries...our cupboards were a bit bare as it had been about 2-1/2 weeks since I went to Kroger. I got home and talked to Cheryl on the phone while I brought groceries in and out some of them away. It wasn't long after I got home that we headed out the door for Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. We are home from that and are settling in for the night. It has been a pretty busy day! We are both feeling a bit tired. Woody has headed to his couch. I still have a couple of things to do before I head upstairs for the night. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment