Friday, October 7, 2022

Pleasant Friday

Today has been a pretty pleasant day both weather wise and a day to do a little visiting. We had a smooth dialysis day again today. Nathan stopped by to try to fix the TV antenna so we could get a better picture. That was only partially successful...it may be time to try a different antenna. Then after we got finished with dialysis, Melany and Erin came to spend the afternoon with us. They brought Arby's sandwiches. Woody discovered that thr Cardinal wild card game was on TV so we visited and watched the game. I talked Melany and Erin into accompanying me to Walmart. We made a quick run there. Got back in time to see the Philadelphia defeat the Cardinals...not the outcome hoped for in our household! I popped the ham that I bought into the oven as Woody has chosen the soup he wants next and it needs a meaty ham bone. There were no bone-in hams at Kroger the other day so I was glad to find a small one at WalMart. I hadn't cooked a ham in ages. I have cut the main part of the meat away from the bone and will make the soup in the morning. I'm going at this backwards...usually we eat the ham and then use the leftover bone for soup! But this way wil work too. I plan to put a good part of the ham in the freezer in various forms to pull out when I need it for a recipe. I enjoyed a couple of tastes while I was cutting it off the bone and putting it away for tonight. I will decide how I want to freeze it after it has gotten cold. That was a job that I hadn't planned for for today. Melany and Erin left after the game was over and have arrived home safely. We had a nice visit. It had been quite a few months since we had seen them. We have both settled in for the night. Woody was already dozing before I headed upstairs. I had a barn picture that I wanted to use for tonight's photo, but it was one taken last year so jt is pretty far down the scrolling that I have to do to get to the pictures to post here...I never did get back to it so gave up...maybe I will find it to post another evening! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment