Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Day Off

There's a story to go with this barn. I didn't actually take it...but my camera did take it. Marie noticed that she could see this barn in her sideview mirror so we handed our cameras to her and she took its picture for us. This was the first barn that we came to on our latest barn trip, which was mainly a fall foliage trip...not as many barns on this trip. I had forgotten about Marie taking this photo for me until I noticed that the street sign's letters were backwards and I got to wondering how that happened as I hadn't flipped my photo or anything...then I remembered! About tonight's title...it is two-fold...looking back to our excursion seeking barns and leaves this past Sunday...that was a day off from dialysis and today has been our other day off this week. Sunday's day off was more fun! Today was pretty much a regular ol' day...just without dialysis...which is always nice to not have to do for both of us. Woody did his crossword puzzles and read some. I did what I often do during morning dialysis...cooked...it was time to make Woody another meatloaf. I got the kitchen cleaned up and about that time it was time for lunch. We both just lazed around this afternoon. And, then it was time for supper. I do have a load of clothes washing and a load drying. So, I guess, I have the job of putting those away this evening. Tomorrow Woody has an appointment with Dr. O. Supposedly the nurses have done something to try to make the appointments move more smoothly. Time will tell on that! We have a late morning appointment so dialysis won't get underway till after we get home and Woody has lunch. I don't know if I have ever mentioned in the blog, that Woody is not supposed to eat during dialysis as eating can elevate blood pressure...I think that is what we were told...anyway, it has something to do with his blood pressure. That's the reason I fix his breakfast and then set up. He can eat while I do the preliminary set up and after he finishes, he is ready for his part...to be connected. And, I eat my breakfast after we get his treatment going...I CAN eat during dialysis! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment