Friday, October 28, 2022

Friday…All Day!

Today, we started a little earlier than we usually do since I had grocery shopping planned for after lunch. His treatment went well today. We again had an alarm at the start about low arterial pressure. I checked the lines that are connected to him and made sure that they were positioned correctly and made sure that clamps were unclamped and then started the pump again...and...no more alarms...thank goodness. The rest of the treatment went smoothly. I made out our grocery list during his treatment. I also returned a call to one of our nurses. I had missed her call yesterday and she asked me to call her after ten this morning. Her call was in reference to what I was afraid it was...setting up the start of our traning to learn how to use his graft. She wanted to start Monday, but then we realized that we didn't have some of the supplies that are needed...mainly the numbing cream...and, Woody wasn't too anxious to try it without! That cream is scheduled to be delivered by Monday evening so we will start the training on Tuesday morning. I am to have everything done up to the point of connecting Woody before the nurse gets here at 8am. So...the time has come...oh, boy! I got the groceries this afternoon...we were out of a lot of things and boy did I see a big change in some prices from 2-1/2 weeks ago. But I got that deed done and came home and squirreled everything away. I now have a choice as to what I can cook in the coming weeke. I had gotten low on basics. I was going to make potato soup amd realized that I didn't have carrots or celery. I had all the ingredients for Sweet and Sour Pork except for pineapple...and that was the story for several of our favorite recipes...recipes that sound good to Woody...so now I have those ingredients so I can make them when the mood strikes for that particular recipe! I am going to dona bit of meal planning for next week as I will have a nurse here with us during the treatment so won't be cooking during that time. I've already cleaned up the kitchen tonight and Woody has settled in and wanted the lights out in the family room. So I have come up to relax in my chair and stitch after I publish this. I hope that I accomplish more than I did last night. I just couldn't keep my eyes open so I gave in and fell asleep earlier than usual. I woke up earlier than usual, too. I ended up stitching at 5am this morning, sincr Woody wasn't awake yet. We'll see what tonight holds for my stitching! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment