Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Day Off Doings

We've stayed busy today. Our main accomplishment of the day was that we both got haircuts. I dropped Woody for his and then headed for mine. When I was finished, I headed back to pick him up. I guess you can say that we killed two birds with one stone! I decided that I was going to spend time upstairs today working on sewing things...well, sort of. I decided that I was going to put away things and get ready to sew or work on cross stitch finishing. When I started putting some things away that had once again landed on my sewing cutting table, I found the little fall cross stitch that I had done...so that stopped me from straightening up and got me headed in the direction of making another mess! But I did get the little cross stitch small finished and it is now displayed in amongst the pumpkins, etc. on our dining room table. The cross stitch world calls little pillows and other sit-arounds "smalls." That is a new terminology since my early years of cross stitch. I am pleased with this little piece and now it is back to Christmas ornaments. Speaking of putting things away...all the mess from that project is all cleaned up and put away. Last night I chose the next ornaments that I will work on...got out the graphs, floss, and linen. After I got the floss for the new ones "pulled," I put away all that I had out for the last two ornaments that I stitched. I have all my floss in a section of a DMC cabinet that I purchased when one of my favorite cross stitch shops closed. I have sort of outgrown that cabinet section...so have higher numbers in some special boxes. All the floss is arranged numerically...so when I start A new project, I do what I call pulling my floss from their respective sections/boxes. I did get started on my next ornament last night. I'm working on grandsons' ornaments now...I have all granddaughter's finished and have two grandsons' stitched...so, I think, that means that I have three to go...for grandchildren! There are still others that I "want" to stitch for, but...time is running out! If I counted right, I have twelve stitched...seems like it should be more! I have been stitching them since December 31st. I did get bogged down in my stitching when we first started hemodialysis so lost out in several weeks...really close to two months of stitching. I have enjoyed the day just doing a little of this and a little of that. I have put cameras and lenses away, too. I hadn't done that after my last barn trip. I have batteries charging, etc. so I will be ready to head out again! The sewing cutting table is once again ready to do some cutting out on...but will I find the time before it gets covered with various and sundry things...again?!? That is the big question. My sewing machie hadn't forgotten how to sew, as I used it to make the little Fall scene small/pillow. That pattern was called "Harvest Moon." I got the kitchen all cleaned up and the dishwasher going before I came upstairs to write the blog. Woody was sleepy after his day of going to get his hair cut, so he had retired at least for a bit. He said that he might wake up for a while after a bit of resting his eyes. We'll see! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment