Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Another Beautiful Blue-Sky Day

Such a pretty day! I think I heard the rain in our forecast for tomorrow...I guess it is back to cloudy-sky day so we can have Spring showers. We have stayed pretty close to home today. I did run a quick errand after lunch. One of our home health nurses paid is a visit today. She stayed longer than normal...so we ate lunch a little later. i had put thr chicken casserole in the oven before she got here and set thr oven for delayed start...so when she left we were able to eat, Then I ran to the store and then came home and cooked most of the rest of the afternoon. I made Spareribs Cantonese and Creamy Apple Slaw. Seems like more should have been made with the gigantic mess that I made in the kitchen. But mess is all cleaned up...the dishwasher is still working on its oart of the clean up. Tonight I am soaking navy beans so I can make my mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans tomorrow,..they are an all day cook. We have to get up with the birds in the morning to get Woody to dialysis by 6:40am so I will be up and can get going on the beans early...they soak all night then have to simmer for several hours before I can combine the ingredients that turns them into Boston baked beans...then they bake in a slow oven for hours and hours...6-8 hours...we may get to eat them tomorrow or maybe not! Woody has had a pretty low-key day...but he was ready to turn in even earlier than usual tonight. Guess he is hoping to get some good sleep before its time to wake up! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment