Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Excitement at End of Dialysis!

I got to dialysis today a little before Woody came out. So I settled into a chair in the waiting room to read a book on my phone. I hadn't even gotten my phone our of my pocket when a gentleman came in to say that there was a fire out in the parking lot. A tech and a nurse came out in the waiting room to check things out. It was hard to see from our vantage point, but since they could see flames and they were near some bushes that 911 should be called. Neither of them had a phone so I pulled my phone out and called 911 and then handed the phone to the nurse since she could give address. It wasn't long till the first vehicle arrived...the fire pick-up-truck and then the big fire truck and then about 4 police vehicles. It ended up being mulch in one of the little "green" areas that are in the parking area. I wonder if someone hadn't flicked a cigarette into that area. Once I got my phone back, we were on our way and one of the firemen was spraying down the area. Excitement in Tullahoma on a Tuesday afternoon. While Woody was at dialysis, I grocery shopped and then put things away and had lunch and by that time it was about time to head back to get Woody. Woody's dialysis went well as far as we know. Once again he was very tired by the time he got back in his chair. He did perk up a bit after he ate lunch. Nathan was here when we got home. He was trimming dead limbs out of our Japanese Maple that didn't fare so well during our cold snap back in December. Last night after I blogged, I checked email and the infectious disease doctor telemed appointment had been scheduled...for this morning at 10:20...just as he was supposed to be getting connected for dialysis! I quickly cancelled that and explained that he would be at dialysis then. I also told them our appoiintment schedule for this week...so when we heard back they decided to go for early May! We accepted that one...but I did have to move another appointment! Well, dressing change is calling. Woody is ready to call it a day. Tomorrow is home health nurse appointment. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment