Tuesday, April 25, 2023

There Have Been Better and Worse Days!

So, since there have been better and worse days, I guess today lands somewhere in the middle! Neither of us slept the best last night so the night dragged as has the day! I'm not sure if Woody did, but I did nap this afternoon and I do feel some better. Most of the day I just felt sort of "blah." I didn't attempt to do much today..mostly did things that I could do in my recliner...Sunday School lesson, reading, picture sorting amd deleting on my iPad...enjoyed looking st the pictures. When I delete them I still have them saved on a thumb drive. I'm just trying to get a handle on way too many pictures on this device. And, as I said earlier...doing some resting in my chair! Hopefully we will adjust to this new dialysis schedule. I end up falling asleep early...but then find myself waking up several hours later and having trouble going back to sleep. I wake up thinking that it must be close to time to get up and it isn't even midnight yet...which makes me think that the night is just dragging! Then I decide to read myself to sleep, which works sometimes...but more often, I just want to keep going in my book! And, then when I finally decide that I am ready to go back to sleep, it is too close to time for the alarm to go off. Woody worked all four of his puzzles during dialysis. He said that when he was finished that there was about an hour to go amd he chose not to read, but to just wait if out! His blood pressure did drop low towards the end of his treatment so the nurse gave him a saline bolus...like getting a saline through an IV. He seemed tired when he got home, but not overly so. He rested for a bit and then had lunch. We are both hoping for a good night's sleep tonight since we don't have to get up early tomorrow. I have a hair appointment, but other than that we don't have anything on the calendar tomorrow. BUT I am expecting to hear from a nurse as we haven't seen or heard from our home health folk since week before last. Wednesday is usually our day so we may get a call in the morning. Maybe they are weaning us off...but I don't think so since he still needs wound care. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment