Thursday, April 20, 2023

Well, New Schedule Didn't Last Very Long!

Woody mentioned to his nurse today that he was leaving dialysis totally spent and wondered if it wasn't due to the fact that his dialysis time overlaps lunch time...so a big span between breakfast and lunch. So...I guess the schedule was looked at and it was decided best if he comes in early...like be there at 6:20am and on dialysis by 6:45 so he will be finished by 10:45am. And, this will be his new permanent time. Oh, my! I guess we will get used to it! Once again he was wiped out aftrr dialysis, but he sqid not quitr ae bad as some days...well...I'm guessing that his blood pressure dropped as he got out of thr cqr and he had a moment of "being out of it." He has had a "spell" like this a couple of times. He has no idea that he is "out of it" when it is over. He was in the wheel chair when it happemed...I just couldn't get him to respond to getting his feet on the footrests on the chair. I told him to put his head down...but again no response...just sat there staring straight ahead. But it was over almost as soon as it happened. This happened one time with his home dialysis nurse and she recognized it as a reaction to a blood pressure drop. I took him to his chair and he rested a bit and then ate lunch. I had gone to Lowes while he was at dialysis amd got the plants he wanted me to get. I question planting them when we have frost predicted in a few days. Guess we can cover them. He wanted them planted before our next rain...which may happen tomorrow. So they are planted...red pepper plants, tomato plants, oregano...Have I ever told you I am not a gardener? Well, I am not...don't like the feel of my hands after planting things. Don't like the feel of my back after bending over to plant...and the list could probably go on! But I followed his instructions on what to do with the plants and they are all planted in containers on our little area of a patio that isn't covered by the ramp. I came inside to Woody being sick...lost all that lunch! I'm still working on getting that load of wash done...I did get him and his chair cleaned up...he got all new clothes. Never a dull moment! Today I had a frirnd and her son come over and they got the aluminum cans in our garage. Her son is collecting scrap metal and other things to recycle and turning them in for cash. It is his way to earn money for special trips. He has Down Syndrome and I love his industriousness. He has already earned his way to Hawaii. He told me today that the next trip will be either to Alaska or Maine. Glad to help him see some of his dreams come true! Woody still not feeling thr greatest. He did feel a little better when I reported that Elijah hit his first home run, an in the park home run. He's ready to turn in...eating a half a banana and then going to take his evening medicine and then he hopes to go to sleep. I need to clean up the kitchen a little and then get back to work on Sunday's Sunday School lesson. An early morning tomorrow because of me. I need to get Woody's breakfast before it is time for me to leave for my appointment...I need to leave by 7:30...insert eye roll! It's my every six months appointment for labs and say "hi" to my doctor. Her office is 45 minutes away depending on the time of day...and this time is not optimum due to school zones...many school zones! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment