Monday, April 3, 2023

Monday Turned Up Again

We both stayed home today up until we headed out this evening for Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. Woody waited to eat supper till we got home so I have him fed and will now sit down and write tonight's blog. One of my main goals of the day was to reschedule the appointment with Woody's infectious disease doctor. I knew since our calendar has so many appointments on it that I needed to call directly into the office. Well...that really didn't work as they were having computer problems this morning. They would reschedule...I left it with them knowing that we needed a morning appointment and needed it on a Monday, Tuesday, or Friday. I knew leaving it in their hands without guidance wasn't ideal. I got a message through MyVanderbilt app that we had another appointment...I checked and sure enough...an appointment for the same day as the one we cancelled...ten minutes earlier than the original appointment. The original appointment was late afternoon which means this one was, too! Didn't solve our problem! I cancelled that one and requested another appointment and even suggested that perhaps we could have a telemed appointment...if she needs labs, those can be done at our hospital here in town since it is now a Vanderbilt hospital. Haven't heard from them again...yet. It took a good while to accomplish nothing. We also got another call trying to schedule a test at Vandy. We will wait to see Woody's GI doctor and let him schedule the tests he wants. We also heard from the organization that has hooked up with our local dialysis clinic...they don't need to see him for a while! Yay! Then we heard from home health. They thought he was still in the hospital. Ended that call with the understanding that the nurse will be coming on Wednesday...good we are rearranging the other appointment that we were to have on Wednesday. So lots of medical calls today. I spent time today preparing for one of Woody's requests: chicken pot pie. I roasted a chicken and then made chicken stock with the carcass. So besides time on the phone, I have spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen. I'll finish cleaning up the kitchen once I publish this. Woody's done quite a few crossword puzzles today. Now he is watching the final game of March Madness. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment