Saturday, April 1, 2023

Back in the Saddle…Again

Shortly after noon today, Woody was back at dialysis able to be dialyzed, again. There was a moment that we weren't absolutely sure that it would happen because one of the nurses called and said that they had to have authorization to use a new catheter and they didn't know if they could get it on Saturday or not. They never called us back to say "aye" or "nay," but Woody said not to call to just go and he wqs sure that they would do it. The gentleman/nurse who called me at the hospital yesterday from the center is who came out and took charge of getting him set up the first time. I gave him the hospital discharge papers that said that he was to be dialyzed at our center today and also the card that tells what type of catheter it is. He thanked me for bringing them and wheeled Woody in to begin. So that "crisis" was avoided...we don't know how as they never mentioned it to Woody and he didn't ask! I headed off to run a couple of errands and do a little Krogering. Checked out, loaded the trunk, and headed home to take in and put away. I have spent some time in the kitchen today preparing things to put in the freezer. I bought red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers the other day because they were on sale and I use them a lot in cooking. So this morning, I chopped them up and put them in a zip-loc bag to pop in the freezer to have handy when I need them. I also sliced the meatloaf and individually wrapped the slices so I will have them when Woody is in the mood for a meatloaf sandwich...ribs are more to his liking these days. Ribs are one of the reasons that I needed to make a stop at Kroger today...time to cook another rack...I'm doing a bit of eye rolling, as they aren't quite as easy to put together as a meatloaf! Pulling that membrane off the back side of them isn't the easiest thing. I also may need to make another recipe of the rub that I use and that consists of putting a LOT of herbs and spices together. Once that membrane is off and the rub is on, the task isn't that bad...the convection oven takes over. I have gone over the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow...I finished studying and getting it on paper yesterday while I waited for Woody's procedure to be over...while Nathan ran his Murfreesboro errands. It was bit rough weather-wise last night...it just skirted by our area, but there areas not far from us that were hit hard...lots of damage. I have heard of one death in Alabama just over the state line amd another in TN where a branch or part of a tree fell on someone. I also heard that a mill that had become a restaurant was flattened. One of our barn trips took us there for picture taking and a meal...so we have it captured digitally, though it is pretty much gone today. I wonder if barns we saw last Sunday were affected. I know that I heard about one of the roads that we were on for a lot of our trip Sunday was in the path of last night's storms. Never know when barn that we take photos of might be gone the next time we pass by! It has been a beautiful day here once the storms passed through in the night. But it has been very windy...a struggle to walk through the parking lot at Kroger and get grocery bags into the trunk and then up to the house. According to Alexa, the wind was over 30 mph when I asked her. I think they have finally died down. Woody thought that dialysis might have been a little shorter using this catheter. One thing good...he no longer gets stuck twice each treatment...all goes through the two lines in his catheter. He wqs told that there are 10 or 12 hemodialysis patients who have catheters. Of course, he has had catheters at two different times before... ut they were temporary ones. This is called a permacath...but not permanent...it will have to be replaced periodically. Wound care has been done for tonight and Woody is all tucked in. He's pretty sleepy and his neck is sore. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment