Friday, April 28, 2023

Last Friday for April

Well, today's early start (but not as early as dialysis days) was because of my doctor appointment. I headed off a little before 8am and got there in plenty of time. I go at least twice a year to the doctor...mainly for labs to see what my meds are doing to my body. So won't know results till the first of the week. It had rained pretty hard early this morning, but by the time I headed out, the rain had stopped...just some interesting clouds...sometimes heavy...sometimes drifting low over the Highland Rim...sometimes clouds and blue sky amd sometimes rather ominous dark clouds...but they didn't rain on my parade! I made it there amd back with only spray from trucks passing me...and on this road there weren't all that many trucks. The clouds would have made some interesting pictures. The whole time I wished I ws on a barn trip rather than a doctor trip. I did take a camera, but never felt like there was a good place to pull over. I did figure out some roads that I could turn off on...maybe the next trip? Woody has had a quiet day at home. We have had calls from some of his next week's appointments. One to remind us of the appointment and the another to change that appointment. Also a robo call reminding us of his telemed appointment next week with his Vanderbilt infectious disease doctor. His oncology appointment got changed as he has qualified for another medicine...iron...I think...and that med won't be there in time for his appointment that was supposed to be on Monday. So that got changed...to Wednesday morning and he has the telemed early in the afternoon. And, of course the home health nursr usually comes on Wednesday. Might be a really busy day! After I blog, I'm heading downstairs again to complete Woody's wound care for the day. I think he is about to call it a day/night. I'm tired too...after driving for a couple pf hours today and the appointment and then this afternoon I cooked some pork chops for Woody...hoping that they will substitute for ribs, as the stores have been short on ribs lately. I sliced half thr pork loin roast for pork chops and cooked it as a roast for the other half. I will freeE part of that for later meals...but plan to have a hot pork sandwich and mashed potatoes first. I made gravy with the drippings...something that sounds good to me...Woody may not think so...reason for other choices for him! Tomorrow is another early-rise day for dialysis...then we get two days off! We're ready! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment