Wednesday, July 12, 2023

A Little of This and a Little of That

Today I have dabbled in a lot of places around the house both in and out...did some gardening, cooking, cleaning, cross stitch finishing, reading, and the list could go on. I just finished two of the three main items in the antique scoop in tonight's photo. I bought the antique scoop a few weeks back when I went off with Jo and Carolyn for lunch and a little shopping in Shelbyville. I got the scoop thinking that I would display some small needlework finishes in it...finished one little pillow the other day and finished the other two items today. Now I'm working on putting away needlework and sewing "mess" that has accumulated on the sewing table and the bed. We'll see if I can get creative and find places to store them while my company is here! Woody's pain does seem to be better. We have had a quiet stay-at-home day. We did get a call from a home health nurse asking if she could come for a visit. Not sure what is going on as we hadn't heard from them since I called to let them know that Woody was home from the hospital, which was two weeks ago tomorrow. We did get a thank you note from the organization thanking is for using their home health organization. I knew that they were getting ready to discharge him from their services about the time that he went into the hospital. I did expect to see them one more time, but that was going to be it...so when they didn't come I figured that we had just missed our appointment when he was in the hospital and it was over. Today's nurse was filling in for one of our nurses so she had no idea...but she was here today just for a regular visit...first in three weeks. I have started ordering our own supplies since they had stopped coming. I told her that Woody has an appointment with the wound care connected with our local Vanderbilt hospital on Friday. She told me to be sure that I told them that we use them for home health care so they can coordinate his care between the two places...so I guess we are back in the home health care loop? Who knows! But I don't have to change his bandage tonight because she changed it while she was here. Well, guess I need to get back to my sewing/needlework clean up...time is getting closer for our company to be here. Next week at this time we will be saying that the visit is close to the end! I know that the time will fly while they are here. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment