Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday's This and Thats

Per usual we headed off around 6am to get Woody to dialysis on time. I needed eggs and not a lot more when it came to groceries so decided hat I would go to Wqlmart to get the eggs since they open at 6am. My goal today was to get a handle on what was in the fridge. I knew that I had to put tomatoes in thr fridge or they were going to spoil. Today was the day to decide what to do with them before they even spoiled being refrigerated! Since I still had tortillas from making enchiladas when Cheryl and Rachel were here and still had grated cheese for enchiladas, that perhaps I should attempt to make enchilada sauce...really from scratch. Googled "fresh tomato enchilada sauce" and soon I was in business to be able to make it. I got a phone call around 9am from one of Woody's home health nurses asking if she could come shortly after he got home from dialysis. I diced onions, pressed garlic,chopped tomatoes, and gathered herbs and spices before I went to pick up Woody. He was a bit later than usual being released. Come to find out they had had problems with a blood clot in his line. The newest nurse on staff dealt with it successfully. The only thing they didn't get solved is a small clot in his catheter. Fhey have something they will do prior to his session on Saturday...never a dull moment! Woody came home feeling pretty spent, as he usually does aftef dialysis. Luckily the nurse didn't show up for a out thirty minutes after we got home. She was here doing a recertification...reason it was on Thursday and not Wednesday and a different nurse than our usual nurse. Woody's nausea has been somewhat better...not totally, but he hasn't gotten sick like he had the last few days. I did make an executive decision last night and decided that he would stop the antibiotic since the nausea was escalating. We'll see tomorrow if the doctor agrees with me! He just doesn't need to be so nauseated that he can't eat...he doesn't need to lose any more weight! And if the nausea is caused by the antibiotic then he doesn't need to be taking it. It surely has made eating meals easier...not having to take the med 1 hour before eating or 2-3 hours after eating! After the nurse left, I finished the enchilada sauce...came out pretty good...a it spicier than the enchilada sauce I usually make...but not TOO hot! I plan to freeze the sauce to have when the whim hits to have enchiladas. But before I put it all in the freezer, I did decide to make a small pan of enchiladas with the left over pulled pork (that I had already put in the freezer...out it came, used up the Mexican cheese blend and some colby and jack cheeses, and used up the leftover corn tortillas from the enchiladas that I made when Cheryl and Rachel were here...more thises and thats out of the refrigerator...all being combined into one dish that would go into the fridge. So the refrigerator is much emptier, but still plenty in it to feed us several meals! Late this afternoon, we got a call from TN Oncology saying that Woody's Keytruda wasn't there and that they needed to reschedule him till next Wednesday and that his appointments will be on Wednesdays from now on (wanna bet!?!). Tomorrow's appointment being rescheduled wasn't a bad thing since he was going to have to go to Oncology right after he went to wound care...would have been a very long afternoon for him. So "only" one appointment tomorrow. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment