Thursday, July 13, 2023

Look What's Blooming!

As we were pulling out of the driveway this morning, I happened to notice that this hibiscus had two huge blooms open...when I got back from dropping Woody off, I took a couple of pictures...only chance to get these was today as the blooms only last a day. There are lots of buds getting ready to send forth more dazzling huge blooms! Our other hibiscus near the front porch is about to bloom, too. I expect that we will see that bloom tomorrow. Woody's dialysis went fine today...but his nurse was extra careful to watch Woody's blood pressure so Woody got out later than usual. His pain seems to have the edge taken off of it. My oven has worked hard for me today...well long time...low heat. I made Boston Baked Beans today and also I made croutons for our salads next week. Tomorrow, the morning will be pretty well be taken up with appointments. Woody has his wound care appointment in the morning and I have a hair appointment at noon. I have fabric stacked up in piles according to type...knit and linen mainly. I'm getting ready to unload the cutting table so I can move it out of the room for the time being. Getting closer to being ready...good thing since it is getting closer to them being here! My sister still has to pack. The steamy days of summer have settled in. This morning when we left the house at 6 it was 74° with 94% humidity...pretty soupy out there! I watered this morning and then this afternoon we had a pretty nice rain shower for a while...so the plants got extra drinks today! Time to go change Woody's bandage...wonder if we will be doing something different tomorrow night. Pretty much have the dressing change down to a routine now...bet it will be different with this doctor. Wonder if this old dog will be able to learn new tricks! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment