Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Tuesday Doings

The day started pretty much normally...up early and leave for dialysis by 6am. I did get up 2ish to give Woody his pain med so he would have a few hours of relief before dialysis wiped it out of him. I did ask one of his nurses and she said that dialysis would wash it out pf his system. It seems that there should be a way to dose a dialysis patient rather than every 12 hours! I may try to look into that...raise the question with dialysis nurse and see if she can check with Dr. O. I worked in the gardens for part of the time Woody was at dialysis and them came back in to work inside. I can say that Rachel's rooom is ready for her. I went to pick up Woody and he wasn't brought out as soon as he usually is. One of the nurses came out to tell me that Woody had a problem with his blood pressure dropping towards the end of his treatment...one of those times when he becomes unresponsive for a few seconds...somewhat like a seizure. I guess he scared the tech/nurse who was working with Woody today! He hadn't seen that happen before. Luckily one of Woody's usual nurses was next to Woody's area and she knew what was happening and that he needed a bolus of saline. They watched him for a few minutes after he ws disconnected snd then they wheeled him out to me. He seemed ok except for feeling wiped out as he often does after dialysis. He hasn't felt the greatest this afternoon...no energy...could be the blood pressure problem during dialysis or it could be due to his new pain med...pain medicine never makes anyone feel the greatest! I do think that the pain med has taken the edge off his pain. Supper didn't settle the best...he got sick about the time he took his first bite. That was the first time that he has been sick to his stomach since the morning before we took him to the hospital a couple weeks ago...I think...time tends to run together! Woody is watching the Baseball All-Star game right now...something that can take his mind off "things" hopefully. I'm going to finish cleaning up the kitchen and then go upstairs and finish a little needlework project...my "reward" for finishing Rachel's room!!! I'll probably read some, too, as I am getting close to finishing a book that will be snatched back into cyberspace in a few days. The nurse from Vanderbilt Nashville called today about instructions prior to his endoscopy this coming Monday. Just prior to her call, I ws wondering if I was going to have to call her...thankfully she made the call amd I didn't have to! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment