Friday, July 28, 2023

Blooms Abound!

We're enjoying lots of blooms in the gardens. They hibiscus is really showing off with multiple plate-size blooms. The blooms only last a day, but usually there is another one or two waiting to bloom the next day. We have had a pretty good day. Woody has spent a good part of the day resting...especially after our jaunt to the wound care center. Today his nurse was a friend of ours from church. Woody taught her son in Sunday School many years ago. Once again, we were very pleased with the care they are taking of Woody. Today the doctor left the wound on his leg alone...giving it another week of not being disturbed. She did encourage him taking the antibiotic, but take it with Zofran...to hopefully help with the nausea. I hadn't thought to do that...he has a supply of Zofran from when he was so nauseated when he was on peritoneal dialysis. He has taken one antibiotic with the Zofran and so far so good. We hVe a challenge in the morning...to be at dialysis by 5:45am because they have to try to disolve the clot that is in his catheter...it is in the part of the catheter that is on the outside of the body...so it can be seen. They have something special they do to disolve it. Glad it is their job and not mine any more! It is really hot here...low 90s that feel like the upper 90s. It wsn't too bad ou there when I watered this morning, but I was glad to go back inside. I have noticed that the AC has run more than usual. I am trying to be good and do what we have been advised to do under these hot conditions...wait to run things like dishwasher and washer and dryer after it gets dark and cools off a bit...but doubt that I will stay awake long enough to get the two loads of wash that I need to get done. The dishes will be no pronlem...turn it on and it will shut off when done. Problem comes with the wash which takes two machines and needing me to move clothes from washer to dryer twice and remember to do it before I fall asleep! Not totally automatic since it involves me! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! I guess I'll add: Keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment