Monday, July 3, 2023

Improvement!!!!

This little bird has appeared before, but she lives in the barn birdhouse hanging on our dogwood tree so she is around a lot and she likes to pose a little differently each time I snap her photo! Woody has made a marked improvement. He had his phone appointment for his upcoming endoscopy. That went well and he got all questions answered...we hope! He still has to talk to a nurse next week, but preop things are getting done. I put in a call with the wound center connected to our local hospital. They returned the call and he has an appointment a week from Friday. Nathan came over to help Woody get up to get in his wheelchair around 11 so Woody and I could head to McMinnville for am appointment with our personal care physcian. She put us at ease about what is going on. She said that we can see imorovement that we should just continue as we are. We are to watch fir any indication of infection and if that happens, she has a plan we will follow before resorting to going tothe hospital. But at the moment "things" are going better. His strength is coming back gradually, but markedly improved. Nathan hardly had to do anything to get him transferred from couch to wheelchair and from wheelchair to car. And, he got out at the doctor's office with no assistance except for me to be sure that the wheelchair was locked and steady. And, he got back under his own power. I think that we will be able to handle getting to and from dialysis on our own again. The hardest thing for him is transferring from couch to wheelchair. We'll see how that goes in the morning! I know he is about ready to transfer from recliner to couch as he is starting to get uncomfortable after sitting there since he got home from the doctor. He was oretty tired after he got home. He rested and recouped a while before he had a late kunch. I guess the trip (and stress of what the doctor might say) got to me and I had a long nap. Woody had supper and is now thinking about his couch/bed. I need to do his dressing change. And, make sure that I set an alarm for our early hour. Then I can read, stitch, or whatever for a while this evening. I am much relieved by our doctor's reaction as to what is going on. We will keep on keeping on! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment