Saturday, July 29, 2023

Simmering Saturday

Today has been sort of a lazy summer day. Well, as lazy as it can be on a day when you have to get up before the sun and be at dialysis by 5:45! We made it there on time...and they were successful at breaking up the clot that was in his catheter. They put the "med" intohis line and he had to just sit there foran hour before they coukd run his dialysis at the normal time. I pickedhim up at the same time as usual...so he was there for 5 hours rather than the usual 4 hours. I came home and read for a little while and then went outside to water. I finished up my second losd of clothes in the cooler part of the morning. I decided to plY around with one of my cameras for a while today...messing with settings, lenses,etc. I haven't used this camera a lot since I got my point-and-shoot. I had forgotten how to use some of its features and settings, so I sort of experimented with it a little. Just a few minutes ago I put on the power zoom lens and took some flower pictures. Tonight's blog photo is one of the ones I took. One of the things drcided yesterday at wound care is that Woody is to sit on the waffle cushion all the time...in his recliner, in his wheelchair, on the car seat, dialysis chair, etc. The problem we would have is getting it out from under him to put in the next spot. They solved that problem by giving us a second cushion. So last night, I made a second cover. This morning was the first time that we put a cushion on whatever surgace he was going to sit. Looks likeit will work well and he is much more comfortable sitting on the cushion. It looks like taking Zofran with his antibiotic is working to keep his nausea at bay. It has just been really hot today...good day to stay inside as much as possible. I have read some and will admit to dozing..our early rising time this morning caught up with me! Woody has donesome dozing as well...probably a combination of early rising time, dialysis, and perhaps the Zofran. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment