Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Wednesday Doings

I've had a very food day...Woody not so much. His antibiotic is doing a number on him...making him sick to his stomach. I don't know if it is because he has to take it on an empty stomach and wait to eat for an hour...or if it is his body saying that he shouldn't be taking penicillin. He once again doesn't feel like eating...even when he is tempted with Arbys! Linda stopped by with Arbys for lunch. Woody chose to wait to eat his. Linda and I enjoyed ours! We had a nice visit that included walking around looking at our flowers/gardens. As Linda was leaving our plumber drove up. He was here to fix a problem that he didn't fix when here before. It ended up still not being fixed. It was one of the plumber's helpers who came today. "The" plumber said that he would come next. He is scheduled to come back on Monday to fix another problem (hoping he can!) and he will address the improperly seated toilet on that trip. Woody's home helath nurse didn't come today. Last week she said that they had us scheduled for Thursday, but that she would change it to Wednesday...guess she didn't! So Woody may be having dialysis and home health nurse tomorrow. I did get the cover made for the cushion that wound care gave Woody last week. So far I guess it is successful...at least he hasn't complained or acted like it is uncomfortable with the cover on it. He has done a lot of dozing today. I will be glad to see the wound care doctor on Friday...we'll see what she thinks we should do about the antibiotic. I just realized that his bandage is supposed to be changed today...by the home health nurse. I guess I will be doing it, if it gets done today! There is really nothing to changing it, as all I change is a surface dressing and a bandage. Only the doctor changes the bandage that is over the wound. I had just forgotten about it being to change it since the home health nurse is supposed to change it on Wednesday. I change it on Mondays. Doctor on Fridays. I guess I will go do the nurse's job! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment