Wednesday, September 13, 2023

A Last Bloom of Summer!

Our hybiscus decided to out on one last show! This huge bloom greeted us this morning and has been with us all day. The plant had started looking a bit sad...Melany said that it was just that time of year...but desoite leaf loss, it was able to put forth one more giant bloom to enjoy before the summer's end. Well, today took on a different direction than we expected...Woody got a day off from Oncology...they called this morning saying that his Keytruda hadn't arrived so they needed to reschedule his appointment till Friday. So he will have wound care and then a couple of hours later have his oncology/keytruda appointment. He has taken it easy today...just lounged around...mainly spent the day on the couch. He did get sick after lunch...but he thinks that he was lying down too much when he ate. He feels fine now and ate his supper with no problems...so far. We had a new experience today trying out a no-rinse shampoo cap. Seems to have worked well...much easier than trying to wash his hair over a large bowl and pouring water over his head! I managed to finish my book before it was whisked away from me. Then I started a new one...A James Patterson and I have had trouble putting it down! I am already half-way finished with it and only started it this morning. I did do some cooking along with reading. Now I am in the throws of getting the kitchen cleaned up. I'm waiting on the dishwasher to finish as I need to unload it and reload...lots of big items that didn't fit in the first load and I am just not in the mood to handwash what is left on the counter! I would rather read! Tomorrow is another early morning. Woody has already settled in for the night. I will continue in the kitchen and then head upstairs. I will decide if I will read or stitch. I did do some stitching this morning...coming along on my stitching project. I have been thinking Christmas, too! It's that time of year. I also plan to get out my Fall decorations in the next couple of days...or at least this weekend. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment