Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Up and Running!

Today was the Open House, after renovations, at the Baptist Collegiate Ministry's building on the Motlow Community College Moore County Campus. Nathan is the director of the BCM. This past winter during the super cold spell we had...right at Christmas time...the pipes froze and burst...and MUCH water damage occured. They had to close the building for the rest of the 22-23 school year for renovations and the renovations JUST got finished in time for the strt of the 23-24 school year. Linda H. and I met at the BCM this morning to take the grand tour! Linda is a former professor at Motlow. She and Doyle have had a major interest in the BCM, formerly BSU, for years and years. Everything looks great...all ready for a new start to a new collegiate year! Besides recovering from "the flood," the BCM is still recovering from Covid lockdown and then so many remote classes once things did open back up. They are already seeing more activity on campus amd in their center. We wish them God's grace in their ministry efforts! When I left Motlow this morning, I headed to pick up Woody from dialysis. I thought that I was going to be late, but Woody said that he had only been out for a few minutes. He said that he expected me to be late this morning and was surprised that I was there as soon as I was. We had a quiet afternoon. Woody has already settled in for the night...wound newly dressed. I started the dishwasher and came upstairs to blog and then I plan to read. I have a few chapters to go and the book will be whisked back into cyberspace sometime after 9am tomorrow. I hope I can keep my eyes open ro finish it! It is a cozy mystery...so this close to the end will liven up as the mystery finally gets solved...that should keep me awake! Tomorrow Woody has TN Oncology for labs, see the doctor, and have his Keytruda treatment. So it is another one of "those" weeks: Sunday-Sunday School, Monday-Prayer Meeting, Tuesday-dialysis, Wednesday-Oncology/Keytruda, Thursday-dialysis, Friday-wound care, Saturday-dialysis...some place to go every day. Could be worse!!! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment