Thursday, September 21, 2023

In the Pink!

The hydrangea pictured in tonight's photos have been white since they bloomed. At some point they are supposed to turn pink and then almost a red. I had about given up on them...even Melany wondered if they were in need of some sort of nutrition that they weren't getting. This was a new variety of hydrangea for both Melany and Wade and us. But the last few days they started changing and I could see just a tinge of pink and today several of the blooms are actually pink. So guess that what was lacking was patience on our part!! I started decorating for Fall this morning. I got the front porch more or less ready...still have a pumpkin or two or...to add. I started bringing the fall decorations downstairs and have them all on the table in the living room awaiting me finding them a place here and there in the house. Tomorrow is another "day off" for us so maybe I can get some more done. Fall begins on Saturday so my goal is to finish getting everything placed around the house either tomorrow or Saturday and then can enjoy the decorations until it is time for Christmas decorations...did I just say "Christmas?!?" They had problems with Woody's lines forming clots in them. He said that about 2-1/2 hours into his treatment alarms alerted them to a problem. They disconnected all his lines and got him all set up with new lines and "things" went along okay after that. The nurse said that it is because he doesn't get heparin. My question is why doesn't he get heparin...I gave him heparin in the lines every treatment when getting him set up. Woody thinks it is because he has a catheter and not a graft...but I did the dialysis when he had a catheter and I'm just about positive that we did heparin then, too. A lot of what I did to do his dialysis has gone out of my head! All I could think today when I found out about the problems..."I'm so glad that I didn't have to deal with the problem and that it was the nurses who had to deal with it!" He has felt fine today...again, he did what he usually does...cross word puzzles, TV, eat, rest, and today he also studied the Sunday School for Sunday, as it is his turn to teach. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment