Friday, September 22, 2023

Busy Last Day of Summer

I'm running a bit behind tonight...just got supper in front of Woody...about an hour later than usual. I guess I sort of lost track of time as I was determined to finish up with getting my Fall decorations out...mission accomplished. I still have some putting away to do...but my large collections of various and sundry pumpkins and other Fall items are now in place. I took tonight's photo yesterday morning on my way home after dropping off Woody at dialysis. I stopped across the railroad tracks from our church and snapped this pretty sunrise behind the church. Today was a day to do whatever we wanted...once again no appointments. Nathan stopped by this morning with Woody's laptop. Abigail's boyfriend fixed it for Woody...again. Woody said that without it he had felt cut off from the world! He has worked more on the Sunday School lesson for his boys for Sunday. I ran a few errands before lunch...the pharmacy, the Credit Union, and Hobby Lobby. I needed some DMC embroidery floss at Hobby Lobby and also wanted to look through their selections of decorative pumpkins as I wanted one to go on the front porch that wasn't too lightweight (so it won't be blown away) and also one that isn't breakable (in case it gets knocked off the table). I found a tin one that fit the bill. I'll show pictures over the next week or so of some of our decorations to keep in the theme of "Fall's Arrival." This afternoon I got an anticipated package...cross stitch fabric and some speciality floss for a couple of future projects. The floss I bought at Hobby Lobby is also for a future cross stitch project...all three are small Fall themed stitches. Doubt that I will get them all done this year, but I am very much looking forward to stitching each of them. Plenty of stitching lined up...now to find the time to do the stitching. I'm still working away on a fall piece that I plan to give as a gift...I learned today that this person is celebrating her birthday a week late...so perhaps I will have time to get it stitched and get it in the mail to make it in time for her celebration. I plan to stitch on it after I get the kitchen cleaned up and get the leftover fall decoration mess brought upstairs and put in a bin. I think that I am going to have to find time to do a little Krogering in the morning while Woody is at dialysis. I had planned to go today, but with all that I fit in to the day...grocery shopping just wasn't one of the errands run! I did make more plans for menus so it was probably was good that I waited to go to the store. Woody added some things to the list...well, made suggestions of things that sound good to him...which helps me! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment