Friday, September 8, 2023

Friday…Again…Already?!?

i slept in a little bit longer than I meant to. But once up went into breakfast fixing mode. Then worked on my grocery list. I ran two separate errands on two sides of town. First I headed to our pharmacy to pick up Woody's latest meds prescribed by the infectious disease doctor. Once again, our pharmacist was alert and waited till I got there to fill the penicillin derivative since they have an alert that he is allergic to penicillin. I told her that since he had tried it a couple of months ago with only nausea reaction, that the doctor wanted him to try it again and take zofran with it to keep the nausea at bay. The reason for attempting this again is that only other antibiotic that works on what ails his leg wound is an IV med...so he would have to get a PIC line if he takes it at home. The amount that Dr. Allos prescribed has him only taking the pills once a day for both of them. He is to take the antibiotic at noon so we decided to give him the other one at the same time...so his lunch meds just got upped! Lunch is his lowest number of pills to take...now he takes four at each meal. He did get to drop his maintenance antibiotic for the month that he is taking these two new pills. While I was out getting his meds...on this side of town, I also went to the grocery store down the road a bit and bought the ground pork that I use to make his breakfasat sausage. I came back home and waited till it was noon to give Woody his lunch and take his two new pills. I also ate lunch and then headed out for errands on the "other side" of town...Credit Union and Kroger. After perusing the grocery aisles, I loaded up the trunk with my choices for this trip and headed home to put things away. I still have things that go in the pantry to put away...my get-up-and-go got up and left! I rested for a while after that and stitched a little and will admit to snoozing some. Woody as spent a lot of time doing crossword puzzles today...his usual 4 and then the ones he has on a daily calendar, I believe his crossword year is going to end before the actual year ends at the rate he is working them...definitely many more than one a day! He's been a "couch potato" for most of the day...sitting on the couch rather than in his recliner...different perspective on the room in the daylight! We had supper...well, I am still munching on mine as I type this. The day is winding down and I think we are ready for it to wind down. I'm tired from all my errand running. Tomorrow is another early dialysis day...didn't I just say that...oh, that's right last dialysis was just yesterday...so night before last I probably mentioned it! Dialysis days come around pretty often. He does have two days off after tomorrow's treatment. I know he looks forward to the little longer time between treatments. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment