Thursday, September 28, 2023

Busy Day

We got up a little earlier than usual, as we struggled on Tuesday to get out the door on time. Of course, today, when we added in extra time, we didn't need it! But at least we weren't rushed. After dropping Woody off, I came home and decided to sit and stitch for a while before I got busy around the house. I texted a bit with Melany and Erin. I think that I even dozed a little. Then I got up and got busy in the kitchen. I had a new recipe for chicken gumbo that I wanted to try...well, that recipe ended up being very, very spicy. It called for salt-free cajun spice, which I make out a conglomeration of spices...much like the rub that I make. Well, I hadn't used it in a while and didn't remember how much of it I usually use...so just followed the recipe. Obviously it was a lot more than I usually use. I used this recipe because it didn't call for tomatoes and I was trying to make a soup that didn't have tomatoes in it since we are trying to watch Woody's potassium. In the end I HAD to add a can of tomatoes trying to tone it down! When I put it away I took off most of the liquid and mainlly kept the solid part of the soup and plan to add water when I heat it up next...if we are brave enough! I also cooked the pork roast...well, it wasn't the pork loin that I usually buy, but two pork tenderloins. Now, they turned out really good...at least one success in my cooking of the day. I will say that I made a huge mess in the kitchen, but it is finally cleaned up and the dishwasher is running as I type and all the other dishes that don't go in the dishwasher or that didn't fit in have been washed by hand. The kitchen is closed for the night!!!! Woody has already settled in for the night. I'm pretty tired after my "battle" in the kitchen. Tomorrow is another "free day." We will take advantage of it and do as little as possible! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment