Saturday, September 23, 2023

Welcome, Fall!

We woke up this morning, and, just like that, it was Fall. Fall arrived while we slept. Easy transition! We were up dark and early and left dark and early to take Woody to dialysis. At this point in the year, the dawn is just breaking as we leave the driveway. If there are clouds in the sky we just start to be promised a pretty sunrise...one of those pretty sunrises you saw in yesterday's photo. Today wasn't as pretty as there was hardly a cloud in the sky...at least not the right kind to give a pretty sunrise. After dropping Woody off, I came home and finalized my grocery list. Then I ran the vacuum in Woody's room aka the family room and straightened up in there a little. Then around 8am I headed off for Kroger. I managed to get the groceries, come home, and put most of the groceries away before it was time to pick Woody up. He was waiting when I got there. He said that they took him off the machine a little early as they were concerned that clots were going to form. He said that he was taken off about thirty minutes early. I hate for him to be taken off early as this is the treatment day that he goes two days before having another treatment. We have both had a low-key afternoon. Football games have run back to back all afternoon and still on going this evening...something different from weekday TV programming to keep Woody entertained! I did some stitching and more napping than I meant to! Before supper I watered. Melany called a little while ago and asked if they could stop by tomorrow afternoon for a little while to visit and maybe work on some weeds at the back of the house. They plan to go to Alex and Brooke's in Bell Buckle tomorrow and will close out their loop before going back home by coming by to see us. They are more than half-way to our house when they are in Bell Buckle. I hope to get a little reading in and more stitching in this evening. I still have a little to do in the kitchen before it's shut down for the night! Then we will be up and out of here for Sunday School in the morning. Woody will be teaching, as he says, "the good Lord willin'!" To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment