Saturday, September 9, 2023

It’s Raining! It’s Pouring!

Yay for rain! No watering for me this evening. I was just about to give up on the rain that was "promised" for today and it began thundering...and a little while later it started pouring. I think that it is letting up now, but it rained hard and long enough to make big puddles in the yards. I had a busy and productive morning. I dropped Woody off around 6:15am and by 9am, I had roasted a chicken and made a pot of soup and then had time to rest and stitch till it was time to pick Woody up. Abigail planned to stop by and get some Montessori equipment to use with her preschool class. I told her when I would be leaving to pick Woody up and when we are usually home by...11am. Well, I got there to pick him up and he wasn't out of the treatment room yet...and he didn't come out for quite a while. I had to text Abigail that we would be late. This is the latest that he has ever gotten off. He said that his treatment was finished in the usual length of time, but the tech who does the bandaging of his catheter site didn't come right away so he was stuck. He said that the bad part was that he was reading, but when the nurse came to end his treatment, he put away his book. Then he wished that he had it back, when he had to wait for so long! He said that he is always really ready to head home on Saturdays...I think that has to do with the fact that he has a lot of TV entertainment on Saturday afternoons now that football is back. He has watched one game after another all afternoon and football is still going on this evening. Abigail did come over after we got home and got the things that she needed. It was nice to see her! Woody enjoyed the soup that I made while he was gone this morning...J. Hatheway's Italian Sausage Soup...one of our favorites. Sounds like the rain is starting up again...very happy gardens...and gardener! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment