Wednesday, October 11, 2023

A Different Wednesday

This morning started lit pretty much like a day that Woody doesn't have dialysis or any other appointments...breakfast and then do "whatever." Woody worked on his crossword puzzles as he does every morning while watching morning programming on TV. I think he even managed to get in a little nap. He has definitely felt better today than a few days ago...progress. I decided that I would do a little sewing...a couple of little projects that I had been putting off. There is still one thing that I thought about doing, but never got going on it. I made the taco meat concoction for Woody's lunch. He enjoyed a couple of soft tacos for lunch. A little after lunch, I headed to town to run a couple of errands. Got those accomplished and headed back home. All continued as usual until a little before 5pm...Woody made the short trip from his chair into the bathroom. I was upstairs, but heard a noise that didn't sound right...so headed down as quickly as I could...much slower on the move these days! I got down and all was okay, but shortly "things" weren't. His trip out of the bathroom doen't go as smoothly as the trip going in. He got back to his chair, but as he attempted to lower himself into the chair he missed and slid on down onto the floor...so didn't fall, just slid slowly and sat on the floor. He said that the strength in his arms just gave out. It takes him a while, but he can methodically get back up...using his walker, a stool, pillows, and mind over matter (I think!). But he made it back into his recliner. He stayed there for a while "recovering" his strength, ate his supper and took his nightly meds. I came upstairs to "recover" from my "scare." Ended up falling asleep...so had about an hour nap and came to just a little while ago. I went down to check on him and he had transferred over to his couch/bed. All the effort he extended may help him get a good night sleep?!? But that slide down to the floor wasn't anticipated nor expected! Just glad that all is well and we continue to keep on keeping on! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment