Monday, October 30, 2023

Busy Day

I did several things around the house this morning on our day not to have to be any where early in the morning. Late morning, Linda came by with Arbys and the three of us enjoyed lunching and talking...Linda and I did most of the talking, but Woody was in on the chatting! She left a little after lunch for an eye appointment here in town. I did a few more this and thats until it was time to go pick up Esther and Elijah. I was needed for transportationas they are down a couple of cars. Last week Abigail and another vehicle backed into each other. Her car is drivable. Then a few days later someone t-boned Joy as she was driving through an intersection...it was a three-way stop and Joy didn't have a stop sign, but the other vehicle claimed to not have seen her. Her car had to be towed so not drivable. Neither girl was hurt...that was the first fender-bender/accident for their family with four of their seven kids now drivers. What was "funny" was Kathy was talking to the insurance person about Abigail's accident when Joy called her about hers! Not so funny...but you know what I mean! One of the cars that the kids drive has a starter problem which Nathan and Elijah are working on...so one less car. Anyway, I was needed this afternoon to get Elijah to baseball practice and Esther to Horse-Play. I made a full circle of going to Winchester on one road...dropped Elijah off drove down the road a little way and picked up another highway and circled back towards Tullahoma and dropped Esther off. Horse-Play works with special needs children. Tonight they were having a Fall Festival...Esther said that even the horses will be dressed up in costumes! I dropped her off and then continued back into town and ran a couple of errands before heading home. While running errands, messages started coming in about folk who wouldn't be able to go to prayer meeting tonight. At a point, it was obvious that I was the only one planning to go...so I was told to take the night off! The temperatures are dropping rapidly around here and with the wind, it is quite chilly/cold. We have our first freeze warning for tonight. Brrrrr! We have been blessed with a particularly warm October so far...guess we are now spoiled, but knew that cold would arrive. It will be nippy when we head off dark and early in the morning. I'm ready to snuggle under a nice warm throw and hopefully stitch another ornament. I have seven finished and have started on the eighth so coming right along. Woody is either dozing or watching the World Series Game. I need to get the dishwasher running and wash a couple of items by hand and then I am done downstairs. I still have one more eye drop to put in Woody's eye tonight at bedtime. Tomorrow is the last day for drops! Yay!!!! One less thing to have to remember to do! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment