Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Passed the Eye Test with Flying Colors

The tractor in tonight's photo was adjacent to our backyard. I never did figure out why it was there, but today it is gone. But made for an interesting Fall photo without having to go very far! It took forever for the eye doctor/surgeon to come in to see Woody this afternoon. I told Woody that he was probably talking someone into cataract surgery! And, I was right because when he finally came in he said that his previous patient had had a lot of questions that he needed to answer. Woody's new eye now sees 20/40 without corrction and has healed very well. He said that there was still a little swelling. We are to continue doing steroid drops through next Tuesday but can cut down to three or four a day...sounds better than six! He was very pleased with how well Woody has healed. The doctor did mention doing the other eye, but Woody said that he wanted to wait and the doctor to watch that we don't let the right eye get as bad as the left. So he made an appointment for six months out. I will be going to see this same doctor in two weeks...and he will once again try to get me to have cataract surgery and I will once again politely turn him down with the excusse of being a care giver. Mine are not that bad...not if I can see as well as I do to be able to stitch the tiny stitches that I stitch...that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Surgery is the last thing that I want/need at this time! Woody was pretty ready to get home and to settle on the couch. We sat for about two hours waiting for the doctor to come in...at the first one of the techs did check his eyes so part of the time was occupied but most we just sat and waited for the doctor. We left home a little before 1:30 for his 1:45 appointment (we are only 10 minutes away) and he didn't get settled back in his chair till 4pm...too long away for something that should have been quick. We hardly saw the doctor for more than 10 minutes, if that. But the news that he got was good and we will continue on with that. He was told that his eyesight may improve even more once all the swelling is down. Sounded good to Woody! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment