Monday, October 2, 2023

First October Monday in 2023

I'm still trying to figure out how it could possibly be October already this year! I really do feel that I have just sat and watched the year march past! The calendar pages have been turned and they say it is October. It is what it is...so October it is! Woody said that he didn't sleep last night...so I think that he has been trying to make up for it today...at least all he has done pretty much is lie on the couch. I suggested that he not go to prayer meeting tonight and I met with no resistance...so that shows that he doesn't feel all that great. I told him that he didn't need to expend energy that he obviously didn't have! Hopefully he will sleep tonight. I don't know that he has slept all that much today...maybe more just rested so hopefully he will be able to sleep. I pretty much stayed upstairs and did things up here to keep from disturbing him so I wouldn't wake him if he did happen to doze. Nathan and Kathy had a scare this morning. Isaac fell out of the loft in the barn. He and Kathy were up there moving some boards and he stepped back into the ladder hole and fell to the floor beneath. Kathy told him not to move and called 911. So Isaac had a ride in an ambulance today. He said that it was weird to go for a ride all strapped onto a gurney. He checked out just fine...no broken bones and his head checked out, too. He had a CT scan and x-rays. The doctor sent him home saying to take ibuprofen if he got to hurting and to not fall any more today! To let you know that he is fine, he played ball tonight...had a hit and scored in the first inning. I guess, all in the day on the farm! I just got home from prayer meeting and Woody is having a bite to eat and his nightly meds...soon he will be calling it a night and hopefully his eyes will close and stay closed for most of the night! We'll be up and at um early in the morning once again. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment