Saturday, October 14, 2023

Another Week Drawing to a Close

Another week ends...and we are already mid month. Didn't I just welcome in the month of October?!? Today has been pretty much just a regular Saturday. I tried to cram a lot of things into the day...dialysis comings and goings, cooking, grocery shopping (was missing an ingredient for my cooking), more cooking, fixing meals...and just doing a little of this and a little of that around the house. Whatever I did, we are now closing in on the end of the day. Woody said that he got taken off dialysis a little early because he started to clot. I was able to ask a few questions this morning when I dropped him off. One that had been niggling in the back of my mind...why can't they use heparin on him to keep him from clotting? I knew that I had given him heparin when we were doing hemodialysis at home. The nurse said that it is because he has so many hemotological problems...including low red blood count, etc. So question answered. I also let them know that he is to have surgery soon after dialysis on Tuesday. I am to call this nurse back on Monday after I hear from the surgery center about what time. The only thing that she said was that perhaps they would stop his treatment a little early. I also addressed that he is now eating better and for them not to think that weight gain was water gain...so they won't draw off too much fluid during treatment. She said that they aren't drawing off very much. At least I have been able to address some of the questions that have been at the back of my mind. Woody has enjoyed a multitude of football games on TV this afternoon and evening...so that has kept him occupied. One of my errands this morning was to pick up eye drops from the pharmacy that Woody will need pre surgery and post. So I guess a step closer to surgery on Tuesday. I have the kitchen all cleaned up so soon I will be able to head up to my recliner and settle in there. I am now going to go down and help Woody get settled in for the night. I have worked on putting finishing touches on my notes for tomorrow's Sunday School lesson throughout the day and will add the last couple of things when I settle in and then I am going to stitch! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment