Thursday, October 26, 2023

Thursday’s Doings

As I look back on the day, I'm not even sure what all we have done...just know that I am tired and Woody is, too. Woody is tired mainly because he hasn't been sleeping well lately. I hope that he can get some sleep tonight. He had dialysis today. I think that all went well. He did say that his blood pressure was low at the end of the dialysis time so that kept him from getting out of the dialysis room sooner. He has attempted to rest during the day. I woke up way too early this morning, so I came home from dropping him off at dialysis and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. I have done some stitching. I have started getting Christmas ornaments made for our grandchildren and niece and nephew. I have two of them totally completed and just started on them yesterday. I came up with a plan that includes a little stitching that is added to a bought ornament. I made "Liquid Gold" all afternoon. For those of you who have beeb following my blog a long time you may know what I am referring to, newer readers might not know. But "liquid gold" is homemade chicken broth. I read that it is called that because of how valuable it is to have it on hand in the freezer. I had run totally out so ended up making 12 cups. I freeze it in 2-cup portions. I have strained it and cooled it down by putting the stock pot into an ice-water bath. It is now in the refrigerator for overnight to let any fat that is in it solidify. The bones and all the veggies that I cooked all the goodness from have been taken to the outside garbage can and the pot and steamer insert are in the dishwasher getting cleaned up. This time I used a chicken carcass that I had frozen after I roasted a chicken a while back. This is easier than having to cook the chicken, debone the chicken and then make the stock. This way I get to delete the first two steps. It simmered all afternoon in a pot of water with a lot of veggies...carrots, celery, onion, garlic and herbs...fresh parsley and a little sprig of fresh rosemary. It smelled so good around here when I came in from outside. Well, I guess I had better get back down to the kitchen. All that would fit in the dishwasher are being washed as I type...but there are a lot left next to the sink or soaking that either didn't fit in the dishwasher or aren't supposed to go in the dishwasher that need to be hand washed before I come upstairs for the night. I also have to put one more drop into Woody's eye. It's good not to have to fit in extra drops between meals...now we are only doing them breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime. Before yesterday we were also fitting in another drop midmorning and midafternoon. Less to remember to do now. I did call TN Oncology this afternoon. I don't think that we got a call reminding us of him appointment tomorrow and it made me wonder if it was happening. But they say it is. So this is one of those "nightmare" weels (well, not quite that bad) that he has an appointment or somewhere to go every day of the week. Sunday = Sunday School, Monday = blood transfusion, Tuesday = dialysis, Wednesday = eye doctor, Thursday = dialysis, Friday = TN Oncology for his Keytruda infusion, Saturday = dialysis and then we are into a new week...not quite as bad as this week, but still pretty full. We both look forward to the days in the week that we don't "have" to go somewhere! Oh, and this week I cancelled one appointment that he had because of adding in the blood transfusion. I cancelled his dermatologist...now to find a week that we can fit that appointment in in tne near future! (rolling eyes!) To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment