Friday, October 27, 2023

A Good Neighbor!

We have had a pretty good day...not a lot happened while we waited for it to be time for his oncology appointment...one of the reasons that I would just as soon have early appointments...get them over with and then the rest of the day is yours. Having a mid day appointment messes with both the morning and the afternoon...at least for me. With this appointment we know that his hemoglobin had risen back into the "okay" range...still fairly low for most...but for Woody and a dialysis patient...acceptable...above the line of having to get a transfusion. He is still two numbers below the goal at dialysis. He has worked on crossword puzzles a good part of the day...worked on them at dialysis and then took the ones he hadn't finished yet to oncology and now is working on a book of crosswords that he has. I worked on some more of the Christmas ornaments for grands and niece and nephew...have four finished now. I plan to work on the 5th when I go upstairs later. There are 12 total...so a ways to go, but they are a pretty quick stitch and quick to totally finish. While Woody was at oncology, I made meat for tacos...one of Woody's favorite meals these days...part of the choices that I try to have for him to pick from when it is meal time. I will probably go to the grocery store tomorrow (trying to get one more grocery shopping day in while food is tax free...that perk will end November 1). I have a soup planned that we haven't had in a while. Wonder if Woody will be interested...I'm guessing that he will be...it is different good...both in ingredients and the taste when all are cooked together. The hint is a "little taste of New Orleans." Now for tonight's blog title "story." As I hit publish yesterday, I realized that I forgot to include something very nice that was done for us yesterday. I had rambled on enough in the blog so decided to not go back in and add it in, but to tell about it in tonight's blog. Our neighbor, who lives in the house caddy-corner to the back of our house...the house that had the John Deere tractor parked near our back yard that I shared a photo of along with some of the Fall color out my back door. Anyway, this neighbor has been mowing what we call "the back forty" (lot behind our house and next to his house)for some years...when it was Nathan and Kathy's lot and has continued when it became our lot earlier this year. So it isn't unusual to see either him or his workers riding that area when they are doing his yard. But yesterday when Woody and I were coming home from dialysis, our neighbor was riding the mower himself and he, this time, was coming on into our back yard and riding the mower between the trees and right up to the house...then he continued and mowed down the side of our house and on into the front yard. Definitely above and beyond! We really appreciate it! I don't see him a lot to speak to him, but today I did see him outside so walked over to thank him for his kindness. What a help that was! I want to do something for him at some point. I asked him if he had anything that that he would like me to bake for him...he declined the idea of sweets, but he did say that when it gets cold (today it got close to 80), that he wouldn't mind some soup...so sometime on down the road I will make some soup and share it with him. We have such good neighbors...on all sides! It's nice to have those in the neighborhood looking out for each other! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Tonight's photo is from a barn trip earlier in the year...but the tractors made me think of our neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment