Thursday, November 2, 2023

A Blank Slate

Today I decided to bite the bullet and start getting prepared to decorate for Christmas...clearing off surfaces of furniture so I will have some blank slates for decorating! I left a few pumpkins and turkeys, etc. on the table in the living room. The rest I took upstairs and put them on the guest bed awaiting being put back into storage untill next Fall. I know that I am a bit early, but if I am going to decorate, I need to give myself time. I know that I was really glad last year that I got my decorating done early as Woody ended up in the hospital for the last three weeks in December and then in rehab for most of January. So hopefully that won't be the reason that I am glad that I did it early this year! Hoping for a better end to 2023 and start to 2024! Woody has had a better day, for the most part, than yesterday. All was pretty good up until supper time and all he wanted to eat was yogurt...but that didn't stay down. So I don't know what is going on with him. I wonder if it could have anything to do with his Keytruda treatment last Friday. I need to keep track to see if that may be one of the reasons. As far as I know, all went well in dialysis today. He did find out from his nutritionist that he can stop one of the medications that he has been taking, at least for the time being. She told him not to get rid of the bottle of pills as he might need to go back on it at some point. So one less pill for him to take every morning. I didn't do any cooking today except for warming things...did enough yesterday! Tomorrow he has a wound care appointment. We have had a respite from that appointment for four weeks. All is going well as far as I can tell with the wound on his leg...if anything it is growing smaller. We'll see if the nurse and doctor think so. It will be more obvious to them since they haven't seen it in four weeks and I see it every other day. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment