Thursday, November 30, 2023

Twas the Night Before December and All Through the House…

And, all through the house Lois' sewing projects have sprung! The sewing room, the bedroom, the living room...all have projects in them...some finished and some in the process of being finished. I am in full swing since I feel that today is the last "free" day that I have...once December arrives then I have to go full force in order to be finished. Today I got the three oraments completely finished that were almost finished last night. I completed sewing four gifts and have four more cut out ready to be pressed prior to going to the sewing machine...not major sewing but still have to do quite a bit prior to the sewing...cutting and pressing then comes the sewing. I like the finished products...so far. I prepared five ornaments to be finished...so lots going on! Woody had a good dialysis day...he said that it was L O N G. He got his puzzles done while there. Woody rested on the couch while Donna and I worked in the church library today. He has had his supper and when I publish this, I will go downstairs to check on him and change the bandage on his leg and check on the wound on his arm. I will finish in the kitchen. The dishwasher is running already. I just have a few dishes to wash by hand. Then I will head back upstairs and try to figure out how to make things out of chaos! But I think that I am about through for today...no nap today...so I am starting to feel the 4:30 am get-up time closing in on me. I hope that I can put in a few more stitches tonight than I did last night...woke up with my needlework in my lap, but no stitching had been done on it before I fell asleep...and, the little stitching elves didn't visit in the night to help me out! So tonight ends November...and from now on the clock will be ticking bringing us closer to Christmas. I'm glad that I am already decorated...that job is behind me. I'm glad that I am where I am with my sewing and gifts that need to be put in the mail...wish I was slightly closer fot those that need to be mailed...but I "think" that I will have things ready in a reasonable time...which means in the mail so they will get there before Christmas. We still have quite a bit of shopping that needs to be done for those close by. Hopefully time to accomplish that, too! Tomorrow Woody has his monthly appointment with wound care...and, it isn't an early appointment. To be continued. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment