Saturday, November 4, 2023

Time Change Has Alexa Confused…Already!!!

Blog title explanation first and then photo explanation! I have two alarms set to remind me to take my medicine...one at 4:30pm and one at 8pm. At 3:30 Melany and I were upstairs in the bedroom looking at stitchy stuff and the alarm went off. Suspicious! The only thing that I could think was that it was due to tomorrow's time change. And...no alarm sounded at 4:30. At 7pm the alarm sounded...guessing that there won't be one at 8pm. Just goes to show you that AI (artificial inteligence) isn't all that it is cracked up to be!!!! I guess Alexa started changing her clocks early like I did a few minutes ago with the clocks downstairs that need to be changed manually! I'm glad that tomorrow isn't dialysis since I don't know whether I can trust the alarms that I have set to awaken us on dialysis mornings! Tomorrow we are lying low...seems strange not to be planning to head off to church...but I think that it is best for both of us due to the outbreak of Covid among some of our church members. We just don't need Covid! Now to explain about tonight's photo...it isn't mine...it is Melany's. Melany brought her laptop and shared some of the photos that she took on their latest cruise to Alaska...I also got a shirt! Can't say that I have been...but I do have a shirt from Alaska! We had a nice visit with Melany and Wade. They brought us a delicious lunch that we all enjoyed very much. Woody enjoyed the visit and has had a fairly good day. He has already headed to his bed/couch. I asked him if the visit wore him out. He said that he didn't think it was the visit but probably dialysis. He was really "done in" after his treatment today...I wonder if they do a little extra drawing off of fluid on the days that he has two days before the next treatment. Anyway, he did enjoy the visit today and he enjoyed the lunch very much, too. He tried a little of everything that they brought. We plan on doing very little tomorrow and don't plan to go anywhere...just take it easy. We will attend our church online...a good thing that grew out of Covid. I have started decorating for Christmas. While Woody was at dialysis this morning. I vacuumed and dusted "his room" and took a couple of things off the mantle and added a couple of Christmas things at the fireplace end of "his room." I'm sort of decorating as I come across things in the Christmas closet. So...Mr. Snowman is on the hearth and a wreath that Melany made is on the mantle. There are some snowmen who will also go there...BUT...haven't run across them in the closet...YET! I put out Christmas pillows in the living room and took non-Christmas pillows upstairs to reside on the beds upstairs until after Christmas. Once I publish this, I plan to stitch for a while this evening. Last night, I did finish all the ornaments for my grandchildren and my sister's grandchildren...good job done! Now to get back to stitching another Christmas gift...better get a move on it. I did stitch a little after Melany and Wade headed back home, but I felt like stitching on a Fall project rather than a Christmas project! I have two small Fall proects ongoing that I hope to have finished by next Fall! So no major time crunch for them...except I just felt like stitching on one of them earlier today. But this evening I plan to go back to Christmas stitching. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment