Tuesday, November 28, 2023

'Tis The Season!

'Tis the season to sit down with a cup of tea in the early morning and enjoy Christmas surrounding me! And, I do have a Christmas mug...but it is small...amd, today was a cold morning that called for a bigger mug of warmth! It was pretty cold this morniing when we left for dialysis...around 23°! Brrrrrrr! But we both bundled up well and got the warm seats in the car turned on and before we go too far, the car heater was spewing forth warm air! When I got back home, the living room and a nice hot cup of tea was calling me. I enjoyed a time just looking at the ornaments on the tree and also enjoying the things surrounding me. I also did a little reading before I got busy on other things around the house. The book I was reading was going to be whisked back into cyberspace in a few days so I concentrated on getting it finished today. Just a few minutes ago, I finished it. I spent a good part of the rest of the time, prior to picking Woody up, making a turkey casserole. It's one of Mother's recipes. The first time that we had it was when we visited in Arizona one time. We all like it including the kids. It is called Turkey OlĂ©. It takes me a bit lomger to make it than it should since it calls for canned soup and I make it from scratch when it is called for. This recipe calls for Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken...since the recipe that I use can be adapted for both and makes equilivant of two cans, I just added ingredients for both kinds of soup into the one pot and got the job done. Woody seemed to enjoy it for lunch and even asked for seconds! After lunch, I took off to get my hair cut...then came back home to face the mess in the kitchen. Kitchen is cleaned and closed for the evening! Woody has had a pretty good day as far as I can tell. He said that everything went well at dialysis and the rest of the day went fine, too. On the way home from getting my hair cut, I stopped and picked up some thread. I needed some machine embroidery thread for Christmas ornaments and also just some plain thread...white and natural and two spools of 100% cotton thread...I bought six spools total...the total price...almost $30!!!! What would our grandmothers think of spending that much for THREAD?!?!?! The embriodery thread lasts a long time...once I got basic colors and some not so basic I rarely had to go to get more. And, a large spool of white thread lasts a long time, too. It was just that I needed several spools at once! Woody lounged around this afternoon as in he spent the afternoon on the couch rather than in his recliner. We have had supper and are now settling in for a long winter's nap...it's going to be another cold, cold morning tomorrow. Good thing about tomorrow? We don't have to go anywhere so will stay put and hopefully stay warm inside our cozy home! Woody's watching TV. I plan to put some of that expensive thread on my machine and get back to making ornaments. While the sewing machine stitches, I plan to sit close by in case something might go wrong, but also plan to take some cross stitch in with me so I can hand stitch while the machine is stitching...multitasking!!! Need to do a lot of multitasking at this point in the year! I am just thankful that I am finished with decorating and it isn't December...yet! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment