Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Closer…But Still A Ways to Go!

Before lunch today I had the tree put together and ready. I have hung one ornament on the tree! It is one that I stitched this year and had been displaying in my antique feed scoop. I made it so it could also be an ornament so for Christmas it is adorning the tree. See all the boxes to the side of the tree (and, some can't be seen)? Those boxes are filled with ornaments that will eventually be hung on the tree! But having the tree up is a big step...one of my goals of the day...get the tree together and ready for ornaments. The other goal was to cook the little pie pumpkins that I had used for Fall decorations so they would be ready to become pumpkin pies later in the week. Woody has had a better day today...though still not feeling totally great after yesterday. But we both enjoyed not having to go out this morning for dialysis especially since it was raining. We did get rain that had been promised. For a while today, we actually had some puddles in our yard. It was good to hear the rain on the roof for a change! Another goal, if I had time, was to make a traditional gelatin salad that we usually have at Thanksgiving. I just got that done a few minutes ago. Now to finish getting the kitchen cleaned up. Cooking fresh pumpkin makes a pretty good mess! I about have all that will fit in the dishwasher...then will do things that have to be done by hand and decide if I will also wash the others that just didn't fit in the dishwasher! I think I would rather hang ornaments than wash dishes! Tomorrow is pie crust making day...just put the dough together and shape them into discs and wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in the refrigerator to let the gluten develop (I learned this trick a few years ago and it does make it much easier to roll them out.). If I figure correctly I should end up with 9 discs chilling by the end of the day. Perhaps I will take breaks between batches of pie crust dough and hang a few ornaments? Time will tell. Woody has headed to his couch/bed and will hopefully have a good night's rest prior to our early rising time. I will be glad to get back on our normal routine for dialysis days...which will happen on Saturday. He will have two days off after tomorrow and then have dialysis on Saturday and immediately have two more days off in a row before his next treatment. That will be nice for him...I hope! My routine is off enough that I just realized that I hadn't taken the garbage can to the road for pickup tomorrow...well, not really a problem as we are up so early, I will have time to both take garbage can to the road and take out the recycle items. I have the bags by the front door to remind me when I come downstairs in the morning! Well, back to the kitchen mess and then may hang an ornament or two. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment