Friday, November 3, 2023

Much Better Day

Woody is feeling much better today. I haven't done a lot today except get out of things! Our first chance to get out of something came when we got a call from wound care that Woody's doctor was sick...did he want to postpone for two weeks or come in for a nurse visit. Woody opted to go in today for the nuese visit. At first I wished that we had postponed, but then realized that we needed one of the items needed for dressing his wound and needed to get it from them. Plus he hadn't had his wound looked at for four weeks...this way it could be checked out. That visit went well. They did a really good job of cleaning up his leg...getting all the dry skin and dry particles from the dressing spray off. They measured and took pictures so the doctor will know how it is doing. Unless she wants us back sooner, we will go back in four weeks. Woody worked his usual four crossword puzzles and then has continued on with a crossword puzzle book that he has for a good part of the day with the TV running in the background. I was supposed to teach Sunday School this morning, but Marie, the class teacher, called and said that she had found out about quite a few Covid cases within a large group of ladies in our church who went on a retreat last weekend and she thought that I shouldn't go and possibly get exposed. Woody has the option of not going this week as the youth minister is going to teach the whole youth group this Sunday. So Woody made the decision not to go...so he will stay away from possible exposure. I texted a few ladies in our class and talked with them about possible ways the class could go on without either Marie or myself and so now I am not going to go and take a chance. So won't be teaching Sunday School after all...so abandoned lesson preparations! Melany and Wade are going to come to visit tomorrow and I was going through possible things to make for lunch...had sort of decided, but hadn't started any preparations when Melany texted and said that they were bringing lunch from a yummy Italian restaurant in Nashville...so quickly stopped planning a meal! I did complete another ornament for the grandchildren today and have started on another...so when the one I am stitching is completed there will only be one more...so that is a good accomplishment for today...nearing one end. I haven't done any decorating today...just looked at a couple of blank surfaces that need to ve dusted and polished so they will be ready for Christmas decorations...more clearing of surfaces needs to take place. I came upstairs mid afternoon to do some more stitching and...found myself waking up from a nap a while later...not a lot of stitching takes place while I am napping...unfortunately! Time continues to march on whether I am awake or sleeping! Dialysis in the morning...not supposed to be as cold in the morning as yesterday. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment