Monday, November 13, 2023

Monday Malaise

I couldn't think of a picture to portray "malaise," so decided to post a barn! I was hoping that Woody's energy would have risen after his transfusions, but no such luck, at this point, anyway! I think it may just be the after effects of being in the hospital for a good part of two days! He has just taken it easy today. He had no place to go so that was possible! Tomorrow we will be heading out the door early for dialysis. I just got home from Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. That is the only place that I went today. I have worked some more on getting Christmas ornaments done. My decorating seems to be in a stall pattern. I must get back on it...at this rate starting early will not have made a difference! I even mentioned to Cheryl today that maybe I should just stop and load the boxes back up with what I have done and just put it all back in the Christmas closet! Last year I started early and was so glad that I had, when Woody landed in the hospital at the end of the first week in December. But this time he landed in the hospital as I was starting to decorate...not the best omen! Last year when he entered the hospital, he stayed in the hospital for three weeks and then went to rehab for four weeks. So, I guess, it is a good sign that he got out quickly this time! Really the only reason that he was even entered into the hospital for a transfusion was because it was the weekend. Normally he would have gone in on the day that Fresenius said that he needed to get a transfusion...would have been typed and cross checked and then would have gone home and come back the next day for the transfusion. All the running down of the correct blood would have been done prior to his return for the actual transfusion. Having to go through the ER isn't recommended, at least by us! I have worked on getting wash done that I had planned to do over the weekend and a few other things around the house. I had my sewing machine up and humming doing the stitching for me for the ornaments I did today. I got two more done today. The ones I am making take over an hour to stitch at 400 stitches a minute. My machine can stitch faster than that, but the type ornaments I am making at this point it is not recommended to do them super fast...its hard to slow the machine down when I want to get them done as quickly as possible! But anytime that I had it go faster problems arose. So I learned that they probably get done faster by sewing slower! Lesson learned! I left Woody eating some yogurt, I guess I had better go check to see if he is now ready to settle in for the night. I hope he sleeps well tonight. He did sleep better lasat night than he had slept in a while...whether it is because his hemoglobin was up a bit or if it was because he was tired after the hospital stay...whichever we will take him sleeping better! We're both very glad that he is home!To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment