Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Carolers Are Gathering!

I haven't accomplished a lot today...guess window washing yesterday did me in! Well, there was quite a bit going on...dialysis this morning and then 45 minutes after we got home it was time for Woody's telehealth visit with his gastro doctor. Though appointment time and when the doctor dropped in on our iPad were a bit different! We waited in the virtual waiting room about as long and perhaps longer than we uwually wait in an actual waiting room. There is a number to call if it is beyond 10 minutes after your appointment time and I did call it. I was assured that they could "see" us in the waiting room and to just stay where we were...I guess both on the iPad and where we were seated! He finally got to us about an hour after our appointment time. He did appologize for the fact that he was running behind. He and Woody had a good discussion about what is going on with Woody and his digestion problems. The doctor suggested a couple of things to do and also has prescribed a med that we still have to pick up at our pharmacy...I called a little before the pharmacy closed tonight and they still didn't have the prescription. I will call again in the morning and if it still isn't there I will contact his nurse via MyHealth at Vanderbilt. Woody is doing much better today...maybe it has something to do with just talking to the doctor. I think that it may more likely have to do with the fact that the different antibiotics that he had been on have finally worked their way out of his system. Anyway, we felt that questions were answered very well by the doctor and he listened very well to Woody when he talked about his symptoms. Now...time will tell if this option works or if we have to go down another avenue at another time. Woody was really spent after dialysis once again. But he did sort of revive after a snack upon his return home. Today I have put away a few more things...packed up the boxes that the Precious Moments Nativity came out of...so now I have the hallway upstairs starting to fill up with things to unpack and things that are already unpacked and can go back in the Chrsitmas closet once I have gotten to everything that I want to use this year. That will take a while. I have only barely touched the tip of the iceburg of items inside that closet! Lots to go and one week of November has already come and gone! Time just won't stand still! I considered washing some more windows today, but decided that my time would be spent better in another way...the windows that can't be washed once the Christmas tree is up have been done...all other windows in the house will still be accesible...though the weather may not be as favorable. The windows have waited this long to be washed...guess they can wait a little...or a lot...longer! I have stitched a little more on a Christmas piece that I need to finish...so that needs to be done too. We both woke up too early this morning...which has meant a sleepy day for me. I did go back to sleep after I took Woody to dialysis...I figured if I didn't then, I might not get through the day. And, I have managed to make it through the rest of the day with my eyes open. Speaking of eyes...tomorrow I go for my eye exam...always something. At least Woody doesn't have to go anywhere tomorrow...at least not as of right now! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment