Wednesday, November 8, 2023

The Eyes Have It!

I'm still a little bleary eyed due to my eye exam this afternoon. I didn't get home till after 5pm...in other words after dark. The hardest part was the drive home...usually when it is daytime and my eyes are dilated...it is brightness of the sun that I have to contend with. When it is dark it is ALL the car lights! I was so glad when I pulled into my driveway! I did have to make a stop to pick up the medicine that the gastro doctor phoned in. I did have to message the gastro's nurse as the pharmacy still hadn't heard from them this morning. But his nurse took care of it right away and I heard from the pharmacist about as soon as she got it as she had to check about allergies and also to get me to approve the price as this med isn't covered by insurance. I stopped on my way home from the eye doctor and picked it up. I got a good report from the eye doctor. Everything was ok or status quo except for my cataracts and they continue to get a bit bigger...or whatever they get...maybe thicker? Anyway, I told him that I would come back in six months and at that time plan to set up a time for my surgery. Right eye is the worst so he will do that one first. Melany has said that she can come help with her daddy while I recoup over her summer vacation...so May we can choose a date when she can come help for a bit. The rest of the day has been spent here just puttering around and getting a little more done with the decorating...still a lot to go! We are both settling in for the evening. I am pretty tired after sitting at the doctor's office for so long. I got quite a bit of reading done as I had my book downloaded on my phone. I started reading at 68% of the book finished and by the end of the appointment, I had 87% read. Getting that close to finished was a good thing as will soon be whisked away from me and I want to get it finished as it the December book for my Cottey book club. When I complete this book I have read all the books assigned for our book club year that ends in March. I am really enjoying this book. It is a historical novel that takes place during the Civil War. It's called The Thread Collectors. Well, time to go get Woody settled for the night so we can be up bright and early in the morning. This time change has made it not be so dark when we leave...sunrise yesterday was 6:15...so when we go out close to 6am it is not pitch black. I like being able to see better when getting Woody and the wheel chair into the car...and, just prefer to drive when it is lighter. I will say that I am still not used to the time change and continue to wake up too early...so it makes it hard for me to get through the day without a nap...or two! I do like the time change for it just being one hour between my sister and me...so much easier to call when we are only separated by an hour. We have made quite a few calls to each other since the time change! Not that we didn't call before! Since we are both working on decorating for Christmas these calls can also become "'tis the season" calls. 'Tis the season calls began back when our mother was still alive and back in the day when it wasn't as easy to make long disance calls. The way we handled long distance calls was that we would call once a week...one week I would call them and the next week my parents (usually Mother) would call me. BUT when it was Christmas time, we were more lenient about calling and we called them 'tis the season calls. That tradition has continued...though calling is soooo much easier today than back in the day!!! Also we used to call at the cheapest times...one of the reason we are so aware of time change. For those that haven't heard me bemoan the time change before...Arizona doesn't change times so part of the year we are one hour apart and the other part we are two hours...and trying to keep in mind the time change is hard at times...and though it may sound silly...two hours difference really makes a difference. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment