Thursday, November 16, 2023

This Is Thursday

Lately I have to keep reminding myself what day of the week it is! I know nwxt week I will really be confused when Woody goes to dialysis two of his treatment times on out-of-the-norm days. I'm not sure that Thanksgiving week is the best week to be confused in my mind as to what day it is. Of course, we do out Thanksgiving tradition on Friday rather than Thursday...so I am mixing myself up with that too! Last night I decided that I wanted to make cookies today so I set out most of the ingredients and bowls and measuring items that I would need. So when I got home from dropping Woody off at dialysis I set to work making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. I had found this recipe a while back on the internet and had never tried it...so toay was "the day!" By 8am I had three dozen cookies cooling on racks. After that I got ready to run errands around 9am. I went to the grocery down the street from us to buy corn tortillas...don't know why I, but I can't seem to find them at Kroger these days...except for the street taco size...really small ones. But I knew this store carries them so stopped there and picked up two other items and then checked out. I had one of the nicest unexpected things happen. The check-out lady had scanned my items and I was reaching for my wallet to pay and the lady behind me asked if she could pay for them. That wnas totally a serendipity! I thanked her and told her I would "pay it forward" at another time. Next I made a stop at the Credit Union. It still wasn't time to pick Woody up so I decided to walk around in Hobby Lobby till it was time for Woody's dialysis to be over. Hobby Lobby is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the dialysis center. I actually just looked and walked out without purchasing anything. I had one item in mind that I wanted to perhaps get and I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. It was still fun to walk up and down the aisles checking out what they have. I do prove to myself that I have more than enough when it comes to Christmas decorations, as I really wasn't even tempted by much! Woody was ready when I got there. He said that he got out a little early as they had to stop his treatment a little early as his lines started to clot. After getting home, Woody had a snack...this time his snack included one of the cookies that I had baked. I don't do much cookie baking these days so it is unusual to have a cookie be part of his after-diaysis snack. Woody worked on crossword puzzles part of the afternoon and watched TV and rested. I did a little resting and have continued on with the decorating. Mostly today so far, I have just taken things out of the china cabinet that are everyday so I can replace them with things that are Christmasy. I am starting to go through the next boxes that I have come across to see if there are things in them that I want to use this year. It is fun to swap out over the years...then I get to see favorites that I haven't used for a while. I just got the kitchen cleaned up and fed Woody his supper. I will go back down and load up tonight's supper dishes and run the dishwasher. I plan to sit in the sewing room while the machine is stitcing away on a Christmas ornament or two and go through some more decoration boxes to see what I want too use in each of the boxes. I am still looking for all my trees that I use on countertops and shelves and tabletops, etc. I need those to be able to do what I want to do in the kitchen. I did unearth one item I wanted to use in the kitchen a little while ago. It is a process! And, with that process, I am slowly moving my way toward the Christmas tree box! Still a lot to do to get to the point of being able to get the tree up and decorated! But at this point, most of the mess is contained in the upstairs hallway...once again you can sit on a couch or chair and also eat at the dining room table...so that is progress! Woody continues to feel fairly well. Tomorrow he has Keytruda. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment