Monday, November 20, 2023

Out of Routine Monday

About tonight's photo...I had heard about the UT barns...University of TN pays farmers to display UT logo on them...like the barns that say "See Ruby Falls" or "See Rock City" that are prolific in our area. I figured that I would have to go closer to Knoxville to see one...but low and behold I spied this one just a few miles away. Well, today was definitely out of routine for us...Woody had dialysis on Monday. I had to keep reminding myself all day that it was Monday and not Tuesday. I was afraid that I would forget about Monday prayer meeting...to the point that I had Alexa give me a reminder at 6pm to make sure that I wouldn't forget to go. Managed to get to dialysis on time and also didn't forget prayer meeting. Woody hasn't had the most pleasant day. He has been nauseated and gotten sick several times today...a first was that he got sick during his dialysis treatment. I'm keeping track and three weeks ago he got sick a few days into the next week after he had Keytruda. I think last time he was a bit farther into the week. I was hoping that he wouldn't be sick this week since it is Thanksgiving...but "glad" that it happened early in the week and not on "Pie Day," which is Friday. Today I cooked our little 10# turkey...smallest turkey that I have ever cooked! I used the added feature to our oven that does all the settings for you for a turkey...I gave information to the app on my iPad and it told me things to do...like how to put the temperature probe into the turkey and put it in the oven and "plug" in the probe into the oven and tap next and the oven turned onto the correct temperature and started registering the probe temperature until it got to the temperature that the app set for the oven. It did use the convection oven and cooked it very well. I was impressed and the turkey is quite good and very moist and done to perfection! Easy peasy! Fun just to try it. I had looked up what temperature and approximately how long per pound to check it between what I read and what the app set the oven for...very close in all aspects. Next time, I will know that I can trust the oven and let it do all the settings, if and when, I cook a turkey next. Woody did enjoy a hot turkey sandwich for supper...hoping it agrees with him and that his nausea and being sick is over for this round of Keytruda! It sounded good to Woody so he was willing to give it a try for a late supper, after I got home from prayer meeting. That is one strange thing about Woody's nausea...it is really only momentary...comes on him quickly and as soon as he is sick, he feels okay. Just today breakfast and lunch did not stay down and he felt sick late afternoon, but never got sick. My Christmas decorating is finished except for the BIG Christmas tree and its over 700 ornaments! I am in the process of bringing down the branches and putting in stacks of the colors on their branch attachment. I texted that I was missing my "tree brigade" and asked him to ask the children if they remember...all but Joseph should remember. They would gather and Graham was sort of in charge of organizing the group. I would stand upstairs at the end of the box and hand out branches for them to take down the stairs and Graham would make sure that they were sorted according to color. It was a fun tradition...and helpful!!!! Now this old grammy is a brigade of one! I hope to have all the branches downstairs before I go to bed so I can put the branches on the tree in the morning. It will take me less than an hour...this is a very easy tree to "fluff," which is helpful. Also we don't put lights on our tree...also helpful as far as not having to take the time to put them on! Our ornaments are our lights! Tomorrow is cook the pie pumpkins so we will have pumpkin for the pies that I will make on Thursday. I'll also add to our turkey and gravy and make our traditional gelatin salad and "maybe" the sweet potato casserole...the latter may happen another day. I don't need too big of a mess to clean up in the kitchen along with all the other "things" that I am trying to do! Today's turkey and gravy pans were pretty messy...hand wash items...but they are done. And, the dishwasher is just waiting for our supper plates and utinsels and I will run it and be done in the kitchen for today. We are under a wind advisary and also "supposed" to get some rain...seeling will be believing on the rain...it's been so long since we have had a good rain that we won't hold our breath! It did sprinkle on me enough on my way to prayer meeting to trigger the automatic windshield wipers. Maybe...just maybe...tonight and tomorrow we will get some rain that is measureable! Tomorrow is NO dialysis...I must remember that...but am not sure what to do with my alarms as I have them set for every dialysis day...hate to cancel them and have to convince Alexa to tell me each Tuesday when it is time to get up. Still thinking on that one...to be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment