Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Birthday surprises!

Today has been full of lots of whispering and planning behind someone's back...someone whose birthday is really tomorrow...of course I went into the hospital on this date all those years ago. And, when I went into the hospital all those years ago, it wasn't because I was in labor...but because I was sick with a high temperature. We guess that it got too hot for Nathan, as he decided to be born three weeks early on May 19th in the wee hours of the morning. We decided to celebrate Nathan's birthday today because we have church tomorrow evening. I made Burrito Pie (burritos lasagna-style). Kathy made a salad and the cake and got the ice cream. Woody and I took the burrito casserole over to their house and had a nice meal together. After we ate, Nathan got to open his presents from the family. I do think that we managed to surprise him despite several "big" hints during the day.

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax before the party!

Yesterday, after I blogged, I checked our answering machine and we had a message from the doctor at NIH. He said that he had checked on cell growth...not any growth yet...but it was still too early to expect to see any. He was also checking to make sure that Woody was doing ok. He said that he would call us again this coming Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment