Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day of Rest

Woody and I both taught our respective Sunday School classes this morning. Then we came home to rest and relax and have lunch. Woody completed a book that he checked out of the library yesterday. This is the first book that he has read in a while, as he can't concentrate enough to read when he is in pain. Both yesterday and today he did take pain pills which do ease his pain some what. After lunch I came upstairs to prepare to machine embroider a design on a top and I got to feeling very sleepy (as in...I was falling asleep in my sewing/desk chair)....so I decided to go lie down for a bit. Well, the next thing that I knew it was supper time. I kept trying to wake up...but my arms and legs felt like they had lead in them...and I just kept on sleeping...guess I needed the rest? Woody has been working crossword puzzles, reading, and watching TV this afternoon and evening. I don't know if he slept/dozed this afternoon or not...I couldn't look in on him and catch him snoozing like I usually do since I was sleeping! And, I'm sure that he would say that he hadn't, if I ask him now...and the reason that he doesn't admit it...he doesn't remember if he has slept!

We are supposed to hear from the NIH doctor tomorrow. He will report if cells have begun to grow from the tumor that was removed a little over two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment