Saturday, May 22, 2010

Take time to smell the roses!

I guess you could say that this has been a very laid back day...some might even consider it a boring day. BUT if you live around here the word "boring" isn't allowed...ask our two oldest grandchildren (the ones who are more apt, due to their age, to say that they are bored!) what Grammy says if they say they are bored! I always tell them that if they are bored I will gladly find something for them to do (there's always some chore that can alleviate boredom!). It is only a very rare occasion that I feel bored...there's just so many things that I enjoy doing that I just plug one of those into my "down-time" and that eliminates boredom! And, sometimes I just like to do nothing...and that is pretty much what I have done today!

Woody was in quite a bit of pain this morning...he always has pain but sometimes it is less bearable than others...and this was one of those times. He finally did take some pain medicine. He had pretty much stopped taking pain medicine not long after he got home from his surgery...so about two weeks. He said that he wasn't without pain during that time...but that it was bearable most of the time. Woody did go to the library this morning. After coming home, he watched a DVD or two. He is now watching a baseball game. He has been working crossword puzzles.

I have done a little planning to complete a sewing project that I started yesterday, a lot of talking on the phone: to my sister in AZ...she has either dislocated a toe or broken it (1st call), then the next call she told me about the scare they had had...that Mother (almost 98) might have had a stroke (she hadn't), then I have called several times to check on their situation (Mother is fine and Cheryl's toe is taped), I have talked sewing with a friend, and have talked to Melany. I went to the drugstore to pick up a prescription. I have taken a short nap. AND I'm supposed to be preparing a Sunday School lesson. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, and, when is life ever dull or boring around here?!?! When I read this paragraph, I'm not so sure about this being a laid back day, as I stated in the first sentence...but I haven't accomplished very much! Just need to FIND the time to stop and smell the roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment